Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Conversation Hearts!

 Okay - if you are looking for a very EASY Valentine's Day project.... then look no further!  See just how cute these conversation hearts turned out.



I made three additional hearts; and, HONESTLY, they each only took me about 15 minutes.  First, I have to pay respects to where respects are due:)  I purchased the embroidery design at SWAK Embroidery... quickly becoming one of my favorites!  FYI - the other four hearts say "You Rock," "Text Me," "I Do," and "Love You."  I love this website (SWAK) because the directions are so complete, and so easy to understand. 

For those of you who are new to embroidery, these six hearts were made entirely "in the hoop."  This term used to kinda freak me out because honestly... "all in the hoop? Do I do nothing??"  Well, as the seamstress, you do do a few of the steps, like hoop your stabilizer, and place the felt on the hoop, but seriously, that is about it.  Your embroidery machine directs you through the rest of the project!



See.... so cute!  When I was done with all six heart pockets, I went to the store and bought conversation heart boxes, and they fit inside just perfectly.  And voile!    ....all done.

Just a quick note on embroidery sewing machines...  When you first go to price an embroidery machine, just to prepare you, you will exclaim "holy cow!" when you see the price.  But, as the customer, you must realize what exactly you are buying.  First, you are buying an excellent sewing machine, with like the BEST computer made by man, built right inside the machine.  Your sewing machine will do close to 100 stitches - and that is just the beginning.  It will thread your needle, tell you when your bobbin is running low (very important in embroidering,) will memorize stitch sequences, preform mirror images, sew fast, sew slow... your embroidery machine will almost preform heart surgery! (just kidding.)  Just know... embroidery machines will do all of that plus so much more - PLUS it will also quilt, and (most importantly) it will embroider thousands of designs including letters.  It's so fascinating; it is mind boggling.

For now, I just have to get on my "soap box" and say when you are in the market for an embroidery machine, buy from a dealer (ALWAYS) and buy quality, quality, QUALITY!  Oh, all right.... just come to Sally's and I'll help you out personally:)


Here's my machine.... Isn't it absolutely B E A U T I F U L????

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment